saCASH is a web-based financial package, inspired by
I had started this in 1999, when Quicken 2.0 had Y2K problems for me. I tried a few other programs, but they had their own issues for me.
Since I am a programmer, I thought heck, why not just re-invent the wheel.
The first version was written in PHP. I was never really happy with it, even though it worked. It's now officially in the public domain. Click here for that page.
What It Is
This is Struts based Java webapp. It was also meant to help me learn as much as I can about Struts, possibly even becoming a best of breed type program. We'll see...
It is also licensed using an Apache license. (with my name substituted, of course). So it's easy to leverage.
What It Can Do
- Keep multiple accounts.
- Reconcile functions
- Add delete entries and accounts
- Support for memos and splits
- CSS based HTML, for easy customization.
- Use I18N features of Struts to support other locales
What I'm Working On
- Create accounts in UI
- Add/Modify categories
- Make sure transfers work...
- Updating a transfer needs to affect both accounts
- Scheduled transactions
- Basic reporting on categories
- Single entry of account transfers.
Where To Download
Everything is available from the SourceForge Project site
How To Install
Please let me know if you like it, so I can tell you when I fix bugs.
Or hate it, so I can fix the problems.
Thanks a lot